Monday, January 9, 2017

Whole 30 - Day 8 Let week 2 begin

First thing to mention, part of the whole 30 is that you are not supposed to step on the scale during the 30 days.  I have stepped on the scale 3 times this week.  It's hard to believe that is what is giving me the most problem, but it's the truth.   Going to put it away tonight and NOT touch it for the remainder of the month.  BUT I am down 5.6lb in my first week. 

Part of the problem for me is that I feel like I am eating huge amounts of food.  I am trying to reverse the years of following diets (I think I was 11 the first time my Mom took me to a diet class similar to weight watchers). Low fat this, whole wheat that, sweetener, soy,  juice fast, opti-fucking-fast.  Especially in the last 6 years I have become fucking crazy following every recommended diet that anyone threw at me,  one after another.  The sad thing is I have known for a long time that I wanted to eat clean.  But I always said I need to lose x amount of weight first - doing the same old stupid diets I always did (note: not dissing any plan that anyone else is on, they just have never worked for me and my challenges)

I have long suffered with IBS-D (irritable bowl syndrome).  I have to rush to the bathroom - a lot.  Oh and the D stands for diarrhea. Enough said.  Most of the stuff that I have been told to eat over most of my life is stuff that was bad for my IBS.  I just never really knew what foods, other than carbonated drinks(pop) which I cut out many years ago.  I finally got an official diagnosis of IBS last year and since then have done lots of research.  I found the Low FODMAP way of eating which adivses of may of the foods that CAN cause IBS symptoms.  So I started to follow some of those and make a few changes.

Now this Whole 30 plan actually gives a food list that also follows the FODMAP diet, which just is thrilling to me.  At the end of the 30 days I am hoping my insides have healed and I can then start slowly adding some foods back into my diet to make sure my body can tolerate them.  I am excited about finally being able to eat clean, and eat low FODMAP, and eat healthy.  At this time in my life, the weigh loss is secondary to my health....

If I could just put the damn scale away....


No comments: