Monday, August 1, 2011

Out and about

Monday is starting off great. Acutally I should back up and write that last night I took my two nieces to Chuck e Cheese for an evening of fun. I haven't had the opportunity to spent much time with them so it was loads of fun.

This morning I was up at 6:00 and at the gym for 6:30. I did 15 mins on the tread mill walk/run (actually more walking than running), then 15 mins of stretching. On to my personal training session -60 mins doing TRX training. I was a bit scared becuase I hurt my shoulder on this equipment last week, but today all was good. I am working up to a new crazy hard move. You lie on your stomach and put your feet in the TRX stirrups, then lift off the ground into a plank position. then pull your knees up to your chest and then roll them back out. I barely managed to do 1- huge core component here. But this is going to be constant in my training until I can get through 10. Here is a photo of the starting position(and nope, that's not me- I wish haha)




After my personal training session I hit the pool and did an easy swim for about 20 minutes, then lounged in the sauna, showered and spent another 30 minutes in the massage chair. Now I'm home, had a coffee with milk, two slices of wheat bread, an egg, two tsp of marg and a slice of cheese and I am good to go.

Just waiting to hear from my niece as she is going to go bike riding with me today along the Toronto waterfront. Should be a nice day ahead, with a big calorie burn.

Update:

Back from bike riding along the shores of Lake Ontario in west end Toronto. Beautiful day, blazing hot and lots of people out enjoying the day. The downside is I ended up at a Texas Longhorn Grill and enjoyed a Rita Cornita (a huge margarita with a little corona upside down in it, and I shared an appetizer trio with my niece..... but I think I am done eating for the day, so I think I am still ok.

Anyway here are some pictures of me and my niece from our day out.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun & very active vacation :)

I hope you enjoy the rest!