Sunday, July 31, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

Wow, it has been such a busy few weeks... hmm let me update some of the going on's:

1. Exercise:Mountain biking: Upgraded to a new park. I knew the degree of difficulty was upgraded by the serious looking athletes in the parking lot. This was a tough day of riding which I did pretty darn good on..... until the 5 mins before leaving when I wiped out ans smashed my shoulder and hip on some rocks. My legs are covered in bruised the worst being a particularly nasty one on my hip, which is the size of a grapefruit.... But I LOVE that trail system. Because of the mountain biking my legs are much stronger these days and my running times have improved. I just feel much stronger when I'm running. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder this week doing TRX training, and haven't felt great since then.... Hoping an osteopath (accupuncture) treatment this week will solve that. My trainer is leaving on Friday for 3 weeks vacation so I need to push myself hard while he's gone.

2. Work: I was presented with an award at work this week - A principles in practice (PIP) award. Considering I am covering a mat leave which is a higher level than I am currently doing makes me very proud of my achievement. It makes me happy to know my bosses are recognizing my hard work.

3. Personal: I am on vacation for the next two weeks - I have also challenged myself to lose a large amount of weight in the next month. I plan on pushing myself to the limit for 1 month and see what I can accomplish. I am not going to post any numbers because I don't want to set myself up for failure, but will post whether or not I reached my goal at the end of the month. It's also my birthday on Tuesday. I am turning 45. I totally do not feel 45 (and I don't think I look it either). I took a picture yesterday before going out with some friends to celebrate(posted below). I couldn't help to notice how healthy and happy I look. I see that sparkle in my eyes again. No major plans to celebrate, however I am looking into booking a night away with my three nieces next week at a spa/hotel/ adventure park where I hope to ZIP LINE for the first time ever. Whoo hoo picture will follow!



and here is a comparison pic from when I started to today:


No comments: