Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 1 Sans trainer

For the last 2.5 years I have worked out with my personal trainer at the gym. We have never missed more than 1 week of training together, but he is now gone to Austrailia for 3 weeks. My last training session with him was last Wednesday and to be absolutely truthful, I have not been back to the gym since then (prior to this morning). On top of that my old crappy eating habits have once again kicked in.

confession (look away if you are squeemish): I bought a chocolate velvet cake last week- I specifically went to this particular store because I knew they had better baked goods. So I bought a chocolate cake, Hagen Daz ice cream (I am lactose intolerant!), giant hot dogs and buns to go with it. Then I stopped at the drug store and picked up a bag of kettle chips, and then stopped at pizza pizza and picked up two slices (which is actually equivelent to 4) of pizza.

After eating the pizza and most of the big bag of chips, I was stuffed to the gill, but I went and grabbed the cake and ate a big piece, along with 1/4 of the small tub of ice cream.

I felt guilty (as well as sick) later on that evening and threw the balance of the cake out. (here comes the really gross part) It was in a plastic container and then in a grocery bag (makeshift garbage bag, with no other garbage in it). The next morning I grabbed the cake out of the garbage and ate a huge piece for breakfast- WTF

The balance of my week has pretty much been like that - Eating out, drinking huge drinks and barely exercising- I FEEL LIKE MY OLD SELF - I FEEL LIKE CRAP!

This morning I am re-committing. I went to the gym and did the first run cycle of the couch to 5k run program. 5 minute warm up then intervals of run 1 min/walk 1.5 min for 20 minutes. Then I jumped on the stationary bike for half an hour.

Breakfast was a boiled egg on 1 sl toast with marg, and 1/2 cup almond milk with protein powder. I also went and bought green beans and zucchini and took out some salmon and some chicken for my lunch/dinner for today and tomorrow.

The three weeks without my trainer is a test. I have only myself to be accountable to. It's time to step up to the plate and do this on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you can do this. You know you can too, you have to start to believe that you can :)