Friday, August 12, 2011

Look up-way way up. Is it a bird? is it a plane? no it's...

just me :)

I have been posting in the last week about going zip lining and how I wasn't able to fit and was so upset etc... before I left I read a fellow bloggers post about fate, and whether or not people believed in fate. I personally am a huge believer, and I wrote that her blog post restored my faith in fate.

Thursday, I headed up north with my three nieces, resigned to the fact that I was going to be following them around the park taking pictures and holding their jackets. When I registered for the hotel on line, I also purchased three treetop trekking passes and 3 zip line passess for my nieces and 4 breakfast vouchers. When I checked in at the hotel they gave me a fistfull of assorted vouchers which I passed to my niece. I then came over to the girls and they were all smiling saying I had really "gotten" them by telling them I couldn't zip line. I looked at them confused as they showed my the *4* treetop trekking and *4* zip line passes. Fate seemed to be saying I was supposed to do this even though I was terrified of embarressing myself in front of a group of people if the harness didn't fit. BUT IT DID!

I started out slow and ended up doing two courses in the tree top as well as two zip lines, the second one suggesting that this is the longest zip line in all of Ontario. I was so happy I could have just cried, and I think I did pretty darn good too. Here are some photos(Note: I'm still trying to get a hold of my actual zipline video, and will post it once my niece provides me with it.)

Happy 45th birthday to me indeed!!!!!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
:)
:)

I KNEW you would be able to do it and so glad that you did!

lol, my fate wore me out down and he is still going!

Laurie said...

Woohoo! I am so glad you did it!