Saturday, August 21, 2010

weight watchers - weigh in number 1

Dieting is wishful shrinking. ~Author Unknown

Just getting ready to head out to my meeting. I can feel the old me creeping into my head -you know the one who is saying 'Your scale shows you lost 8 lbs - when you step on that scale at weight watchers it better be 8 lbs that you lost... anything less than that and you are a FAILURE" !!!!! or the one that always sets me up to fail is "ok, so if you lose 3 lbs a week.... lets see that is 12lbs per month, which means I should be down 60lbs by the end of the year...... hmmmm but I think I can lose 3.5lbs per week so that would make it 75lbs by year end".

So far I have managed to push these thoughts from my head. I am expecting a loss today, no matter what that loss is, I will be thrilled. Going forward, I am going to focus only on eating what I am supposed to eat and exercise as much as I am able to fit into my schedule and let my body release this fat at its own pace. I refuse to play those old games this time - if there is one thing I have learned in the 30 years I have been dieting - is that I can plan out a lot of things related to weight loss, but I cannot plan what the scale is going to say.

After Meeting Update-
Start weight - 250 lbs
Current weight - 244.6
Weekly loss- 5.4
Loss to date- 5.4

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Great loss - and great attitude. I too fall into that mind trap and it just causes so much stress (which usually ends up in me eating). I am really trying to just make healthy choices and be active. As long as I am living as healthy as I can, I can live with whatever that number on the scale is.

You're an inspiration to me. I'm giving serious thought to doing a try-a-tri next summer.

cdblueberry said...

Great loss!!!

"is that I can plan out a lot of things related to weight loss, but I cannot plan what the scale is going to say. "

True dat.