Monday, August 2, 2010

It is with deep regret....

That I change my age in the`about me` section, from 43 to 44..... LOL, yuppers, today is my birthday. It will be a rather low key affair, I`ve never been big on celebrating, but I am heading out to Jack Astors with some friends this evening for beer and nachos :)

Celebrating a birthday makes me reflect on the past year, and the changes that I have made.... It is in this last year that I ran a 5k, climbed the CN Tower, and did a try a tri. Doing these things were so far away from my reality a few years ago and it only makes me proud of what I have been able to accomplish and also excited for the coming year..... you see the biggest change that I have made is I now believe in myself. I am proud of my body that is becoming strong and healthy and I barely recognize that woman who a few years ago was so tired, and sad.

Stay tuned as I begin a brand new year, with new challenges, new goals and new accomplishments.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The only thing that makes me sad on my birthday's are the though that each year gets me closer to the end of the ride.

However, the greater joy is that you've awoken another day and what a blessing that is! Happy Birthday! Great to have your life in this world :)

cdblueberry said...

Happy Birthday!

REading your summary of this past year, I would say there are very few regrets :)

Have a wonderful evening and a wonderful, happy and healthy 44!

Me First said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, I had an awesome day, and I'm ready to take on a new year :)

Laurie said...

Happy Belated Birthday - we share the same birthday (however I am a few years older than you!)

You have had an awesome year and just imagine what this year will bring!

Thanks for your comments on my Bugaboo trip.