Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mini Challenge - "STOP- step away from the scale"

This week I am going to refrain from weighing myself. Honestly I step on the scale first thing every morning and perhaps even plan out my day based on what the scale says. So I am challenging myself to stay away from the scale until I have a weigh in at the gym later this week.

I am having a lazy day today, my back is feeling fantastic and pain free today, but my knee is still bothering me. I bought some gluten free bread this morning and this afternoon will be making chicken in tomato sauce for my meals for the week, as well as cutting up some veggies and fruit (kiwi and strawberries) to have for snacks.

Here is hoping for a good week, and I hope to say buh bye to the 240's once and for all.

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

This is a month long challenge for me. The first few days were hellish. Not to have that barometer 234 times a day.

I still keep my scales in the kitchen but have not hopped on since March 1st. I don't have that urge anymore and I am in a better headspace. lol, really I am.

I'm not letting that number dictate my eating patterns.

Good luck with that!


Are you allergic to wheat/ celiac?
If you don't mind me asking. I find my legs swell when I eat bread. I'm going to ask doctor next time, really I am. (I've been saying that for a year now!)

Unknown said...

Thank Blue.... I am going to give it a shot.... I think I too am ruled by my scale, and it has to stop!

I haven't been diagnosed with a wheat alergy or celiac, but I have been told, and also read somewhere that gluten is not good for symptoms of IBS. I will try for a week or two and see how I feel.

Let me know what you find out if you restrict the bread.