Monday, March 15, 2010

Found a wetsuit.

I am trying to find out information on doing a triathlon.... I follow a few blogs of triathletes who inspire me and also give me ideas on things to think about. So I do know that I will require a wetsuit when do I my try a tri in June, I am assuming the water on the lake will be very cold. I have been thinking about what I will wear and quite honestly the wet suit part is the most worrysome, just because the womens suits only go up to a size 12 or 14 and that might not fit me by June. So I found a web site with awesome plus size wet suits and well, I feel relieved. It is actually quite nice too. Here is a pic:


Anyway, not much else going on..... still suffering with back and knee issues, which I am working out with osteo visits..... still plugging away at this whole getting healthy thing.... both physically and emotionally.

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Great minds post alike!


So glad you found a wetsuit that you will be comfortable in! You are going to rock this tri :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon -

At the risk of sounding incredibly self-serving, I want to caution you to make sure you get a triathlon-specific wetsuit (not sure the one in the photo is). They're designed for max flexibility where it's needed for swimming and offer buoyancy that helps you maintain optimal swimming position. We offer them for rent at our website WetsuitRental.com along with a lot of information about open-water swimming. BeginnerTriathlete.com is an amazing resource for those looking to take the plunge as well.

You're right about women's wetsuits running small (although companies are starting to come around to reality in this regard). We actually fit nearly half of our female customers into men's suits (with no problems, BTW) for this very reason. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you about triathlon wetsuits.

Best of luck to you!!