Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bummed back, bummed knee and bummed out!

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

This has been a difficult week to say the least. My back was aggrevated all week with a disc problem(you know when it feels like your hip on one side is up under your arm pit when you walk!) add to that the ongoing problems with my knee and I have to say this has been a very long week.

I had my second osteopath session this week and the accupuncture relieved some more inflamation in my knee and back. I am never quite sure if she is actually doing any chiropractic work as she moves her hands gently up and down my spine and back, but I'm not sure if she is adjusting anything.... I always imagined that you would hear bones popping and feel things moving when having chiropractic work done. I have also been doing a lot of stretching with my trainer, which has helped tremendously.

Another thing I am looking at is limiting Gluten in my diet. I did this for most of last week and must say, I feel a lot better. Both the bloated feeling is gone and I feel stronger, so I am going to see if I can do this for another week and see if I see some more changes. I am still incorporating the clean eating method into my diet and also a bit more of the concept of food combining to see if I can shake up my body.

I am hoping to get back into doing some swimming next week. I am unable to run at the moment, so I am hoping by doing non weight bearing exercise my knee will continue to heal.

Fingers crossed that my knee heals soon, the CN tower stair climb is fast approching and while I haven't quite determined if he is joking or not, my trainer seems to think I am going to be climbing the tower not once, but twice, as in climb to the top, elevator down and climb back up to the top - as in 300 floors!!!! while this scares the crap out of me, I love a challenge :)

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

I hope you are having some relief.


I can not believe you are contemplating the tower twice! That is all kinds of awesome. I can't even climb the 5 flights to my office without taking a break :/