Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fun in the pool

So this week, I am taking a break from hard core training in order to allow my knee to heal. Monday, my training session was in the pool. What did I learn, you ask..... I freaking learned how to do a flip turn and a dolphin kick my friends!!!!

I was so excited about this as I love love love the water and swimming, but have never had any formal lessons so I was extremely excited to learn how to do the turn and then follow it up with the kick. Now, I think the whole point of doing the dolphin kick is it keeps your momentum going so you can burst out of the water with lots of speed....... I just sort of rise up to the surface, I'm talking straight up, almost in a vertical position, and just stop- hahaha. But I am practicing

The other problem I am having is getting water up my nose when I flip, I can's seem to master blowing out of my nose when I flip, so my trainer suggested getting a nose plug, which I got today along with a swimming cap(the clorine is already doing a number on my hair).

I tried it all on tonight, the cap, the nose plug and my swim goggles..... and well, when I was actually able to control the fits of laughter long enough to really look at myself, I thought, "what the heck has happened to me..... the girl that wouldn't leave the house without a full face of make up and hair perfectly in place..... is now going to be seen in public looking like this......... Hell ya she is!"

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Hell yay!

Missa said...

Congrats on the Swimming Wins!

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel