Monday, February 15, 2010

(another) New plan

I have been reading an hearing about clean eating for some time now and I recently bought and have been reading the book Clean Eating Recharged. I think I am far enough into the book now that I can make some changes to my diet this week. There is a lot of talk about things (mostly grains- I think) that I have never heard of or am not sure how available they are (bee pollen as a sweetener?) but I will incorporate some of the ideas into my plan this week and then slowly work my way into it. Some of the changes I am incorporating this week:

- eating every 3 hours (for me this will mean 8:00, 11:00, 2:00 5:00 and 8:00 on most days)

- eat a protein and a complex carb at every meal (oatmeal, and an egg white for example)

- drink a large glass of water before each meal (my goal is 500ml before each meal, or 2.5L per day)

- exercise at least 30 minutes EVERY day this week.

- only one cup of coffee per day, with no cream of sugar.

That is as far as I have gotten in the book, but even making these changes I think will make a big difference not only in my weight loss efforts but in my energy levels as well.

This week will be a challenge in that tomorrow night I am going out for dinner, and Wednesday, lunch is being catered at work, but I will do my best to comply with the rules I have set out above.

I feel like I am spinning my wheels a bit as we get closer to June and the try a tri.... I am actually contemplating doing a mini duathlon instead just so I don't have to wear a swimsuit (or wetsuit) in public!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Do you know what...I say wear the wet suit!!!
I watched the episode of the Biggest Loser where they looked back on former contestants and there was Matt...who I loved and who married Susie and had babies...he'd gained some of his weight back but didn't let it stop him from doing the IronMan in Haiwaii....I say GO FOR IT!!!!

CARPE DIEM!!!!

cdblueberry said...

If I could waddle onto a pool deck in a bathing suit, you can suit up those muscles into a wetsuit!