Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another day done!

Well I slept in this morning..... ok so I hit the snooze button every 15 mins from 5:30 when the alarm went off until 6:45 when i finally rolled out of bed. The good news is I went to the gym. Normally I would have talked myself out of it but today I went. I did 10 mins on the stationary bike, 10 minutes (20 floors) on the stair master and then swam lengths for about 20 mins. Not the most challenging workout, but the positive was in the going, rather that what I did once I got there. I also managed to go grocery shopping on my way home, have brekkie, make lunch and get ready for work and out the door before 9:00. Mind you I looked like hell today, but whatever!

I also am trying to incorporate the clean(er) eating concepts this week, so today I had:
- 8:00 - 1 cup steel cut oats with blueberries and raising, along with a hard boiled egg for breakfast; timmies large double double
-10:00 - slice of pumpernikel bread with hummus and a slice of lean ham
-11:00 - timmies large double milk, no sugar
-12:00 - slice of pumernickel with hummus and ham, plus 1/2 cup butternut squash soup
-2:00 - quarter of the leftover soup
-4:00 - quarter of the leftover soup
-6:00 - wrap with hard boiled egg slices
-6:00 - slice of pumpernikel bread with hummus and a slice of lean ham
-6:00 - cup of tea with 2% milk and 1 tsp sugar.
-8:00 - fat free soy milk with blueberries and 1/2 scoop of protein powder

It actually looks like a lot of food, but the portion sizes are quite small. It's definitely not perfect, but I am grasping the concept still. I feel like I am getting my metabolic furnace revved up at breakfast and keeping it burning like crazy all day long.... we'll see if the scale is kind next Tuesday.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great job Sharon! A quick question, who is the author of the book Clean Eating Recharged? I can't find it at my local Coles nor at Chapters.ca. I'm interested in reading it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Katie.... Sorry for my duh moment.... the book is called The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged and is written by Tosca Reno. The link to her web site is http://www.eatcleandiet.com/ and I bought the book at Costco.

Hope that helps and let me know how you are doing if you start following it.

Cheers.
Sharon

cdblueberry said...

Loving all those blueberries!