Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Training schedule has begun

So for the next little while I will be doing nothing but preparing for the 5k race on October 18, so my blog space will be a wee bit boring for a while. I am going to try and track food and exercise and my feelings about the run. I have to admit I am beginning to get cold feet about doing this - I'm not fit enough, I'm not thin enough, everyone is gonna stare and laugh at the fat girl attempting to run etc, etc etc..... I am trying to block this out of my head and just worry about that the day of the race.

Anyway, today I ran 2 miles. I did the first mile in a time of 16 minutes, the second mile(which I walked most of the way) was 18.8. My knee is still bothering me but I am stoked about the 16 minute mile, as my goal for the 5k race is a time of 45 minutes which is roughly a 15 minute mile.

I have a first trial run this Saturday, so my trainer told me in preparation of the run not to eat beef, or fish, no vinegar, no high glycemic food, such as white rice, and nothing fried. So, my lunch today is salmon, jasmine rice and zucchini brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar- lol...... I will follow his rules beginning tomorrow. Oh and I had a green monster for breakfast - fat free soy milk, frozen banana, frozen blueberries 1 scoop of protein powder and two cups of fresh spinach. It is surprisingly good... HONEST! So dinner was not too great, I had a individual size frozen pizza, with peperoni and veggies. Not great, but not too bad either. The only other thing I had today was a large double double from timmies. I really need to wean myself off of the cream and sugar (Any non Canadians who are actually reading this, a large double double is coffee with two creams and two sugars from our favorite coffee and dounut shop- Tim Hortons)

Hey Blue. I was at a Newfie Jig on Sunday. My sisters in laws are from NFLD and have a huge horseshoe throwing tournement every year with all their family and friends from back home. The music was blasting (think I's a bye who builds the boat) everyone was up doing the jig and there was a big pot of salt beef served at dinner! It was so much fun, and every one was so friendly and welcoming. (well they are Newfoundlanders right!)

No comments: