Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Drive by post

to say my eating is out of control, and I need to put an end to it immediately. On the other hand I have completed a monthly fitness test at the gym and I have improved quite a bit since last month. Examples

pull up (chin up) last month 7, this month 18

step ups (on a bench) last month 30, this month 41 (in 2 minutes)

BUT THE BEST

leg lifts- last month I lifted 295lbs, this month 545lbs (hahaha I am SERIOUS)

Only problem is my knees are sore today from the strain of the leg lifts.

less than 50 days until I run the 5k and I am nowhere near where I want to be which I think is bringing on the binge eating. *sigh*

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

I get really stressed out about milestones too and binge. The anxiety of actually possibly succeeding does it to me every time.

I think questioning why a binge is happening is the most important step to stopping it, I try to ask myself what will food do to improve the situation.

Will eating a,b, or c help you run the marathon?
No

What is the worse that can happen?
You have to walk the marathon. You certainly won't be the first.

And walking or running or whatever combination you take to do the 5k will take you there and I'm guessing it's a lot more than you were doing this time last year or even 5 years ago.

Hang in there missus! You will do this!

Unknown said...

Thanks blue. I somehow missed your post here and tonight I really needed to hear it..... :)