Friday, September 11, 2009

The eve of something big!

Well big to me anyway. Tomorrow morning a group of us are meeting at a park here to do a practice 5k run! eeeeek. I've only actually run 5k once, that was on a treadmill and I was told that is much easier than running outside.

Still, as much as I am scared to death, I am excited as well...

On another note, my sister called me last night to tell me my Nephew joined the Canadian Armed Forces yesterday, or at least he has taken the first step to joining. I knew this is what he wanted to do and I have been helping him get his GED so that he could join, but I have to say, last night I cried for hours thinking about this. Anyway, today, he called me and was telling me all about it, and he is sooooooooo happy and excited and I haven't seen him like this in such a long time, that I decided I will not be sad, I will be happy for him. So if all goes as planned he will do 16 weeks of basic training in Ontario and then will be posted to NFLD as part of a tank and artillery team (whatever that means- lol). Hey, I'm from Toronto, we only call in the army when it snows- hahahaha

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Have a great run today!!!


Ummmm, I'm thinking he will be coming to Ft. Pepperal which is literally a hop, skip and a jump away! lol, at least they have a stockpile of tanks there on the parking lot.

Auntie S should come visit!!!

Nicole said...

I hope your run went well!!!