Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Going Strong

Still plugging along.  I did a quick weigh in this morning at work and my weight is showing as 281.6, which is 8.5lbs less than the last time I weighed in on this scale (it weighs heavier that that official scale at the clinic).  Feeling motivated by that.

The knee pain is starting to diminish slightly, which is a great thing.  I truly believe that once I get under 170, the pain will go away.  This has happened before.  i took the first week of this diet off from the gym, but was back at it last night.

So I have been with my personal trainer for 6 years (I think).  He is one of my best friends and I trust him more than I trust anyone in my life.  When I started with him I was dying, I hated myself, I had not been looking after my health (not been to a Dr in years and years) and I had zero self confidence.  When I joined the gym I bought a personal training package on a whim but then was terrified about going.  I had made the decision to not go through with the sessions, but BJ called me about 3 times. I finally agreed to come in for the consultation and that was the beginning of a brand new life.

I started out basically walking in a straight line for my entire session, doing high knee walking, and unable to catch my breath.  He made me face all of me fears head on.... and in the 5 good years before last summer when I had a relapse I went from that unhealthy, non confident, unhappy woman.  to a relatively healthy, super confident, amazingly happy athlete.  I did a triathlon, I climbed a 144 story building, I did a 5k.  I became an avid mountain biker, a power lifter and a boxer.  I WILL GET BACK TO THAT BY THE END OF FEBRUARY. That is my goal.

Anyway as you can see, the gym has become a big part of my life and I have given up many things in my life to pay the 6k per year it costs to have a trainer.  But it's been worth every single penny.

Sooooo looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday morning.....

No comments: