Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can I get an Amen...

One thing that I talk about alot is my back issues. Degenerative disc desease and all of the problems that have arisen because of this. I have a visable curve in my spine, people always comment that my body is twisted, and most recently my personal trainer advised me that one leg appears to be longer than the other- which appeared to be throwing my hips out of alignment. He recommended I see a Chiropractor who would probably prescribe a shoe insert to level out the length of my legs. Now, I am terrified of the Chiropractor and have avoided going for years and years. The thought of having bones cracked (especially in my back which I have protected for the last 25 years) just made me break out in a cold sweat. BUT, the thought of finding a solution to my back issues made me overlook my fear and make an appointment. My first appointment was last Wednesday.... Within 10 minutes of assessing me, the Dr. who is awesome, advised that my legs are the same length, the problem is that my pelvis is torqued. The left side is higher than the right, pushed further to the front of my body than the right, and the left side is twisted as well. Ouch.... he has now done two treatments-not using manipulation, but by using a tool that looks like a big sander, which is powerful beyong belief, and is run over my back, buttocks, hips and legs. I could actually feel the muscles relax. I'm now 3 sessions into treatment and feeling so much better. My body is responding very well to the treatments. The best part is that the treatment is for 6 weeks. I have been told that in 6 weeks, I will see a HUGE difference in the way I feel physically, and how I perform in the gym. I will be stronger, will have more endurance and will be able to work out harder. I am so pleased with this news. I am trying to just take it a step at a time and not think about the fact that there is a possibility - after 25 years of pain - that I could be "fixed" in a few weeks. My prayers have been answered. Can I get an Amen indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!

I am so happy you are finally getting some relief!!!