Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pre-cooked meals-

I have come to the conclusion, (ok so maybe I have finally admitted to myself, that I am lazy when it comes to meals). I live alone so it's not like anyone else is depending on me for dinner. On top of that I don't get home from work until 7:00, and I'm just not going to get started on preparing a fresh, healthy dinner. I have been struggling to try and change my habits, but it has been leading to failure more often than not.

The last few weeks I am trying a different approach. I basically have been spending most of Sunday shopping for ingredients and preparing meals for the week. For now it feels right. It's nice to not have to think about food all week long. I make 2 main dishes and 1 breakfast choice and then just swap it out all week.

This weekend I made a baked pesto chicken (a bit high in points, but good), breakfast casserole(in the oven right now), a big Greek salad, and one more entre yet to be determined. I am doing a two week detox from carbs, so there are no carbs in my diet this week.

Here is the breakfast casserole:


And here is the pesto chicken:









Hopefully this will make things a bit easier, all I have to do is grab and go, no thought required :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I do the same thing Sharon. On my days off I'll make three or four main courses and freeze them. It makes it easier when I have to work late or my husband and I are ships in teh night passing each toerh by. At least I know there's healthy options in the freezer.