Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weight watchers- weigh in #3

So today was weigh in day. Last night I grabbed a bag of pretzels from the store (hot buffalo wing flavor-yum) of course I ate the entire bag and then counted that they cost me 22 points. The good news is that I I had the flex points to cover them, but the bad news is they were full of sodium so this morning I was feeling quite bloated. I still managed to lose 0.4 lbs which I was quite happy with. This week I am going to see if I can work my flex points in earlier in the week and see how that goes.

So yesterday at the gym I was doing weights. First was lots of dead lifts - where you bend over at the waist and pull the barbell up as you straighten up. I did some other weight exercise as well and then we moved on to an exercise which is so hard for me..... Basically I was holding a 25lb dumbbell in each hand and had to swing it up in front of me to shoulder height, then push them upwards beside my ears until my arms were straight over my head. My trainer challenged me, he picked up two 45lb dumbbells and I challenged him to do this with me. If I failed to do it I would have to do a half mile on the treadmill in under 7 mins..... So I managed to do 20 reps, even after I said it was impossible for me to do so. Challenges are good!

Tonight I am out with some friends. We are heading out to see a band play at a little pub. Every hear of the group called the Spoons from the 80's? There are a couple of band members in this band called the lost boys. Tomorrow I am heading out to a horseshoe tournement and on Monday I am going mountain biking.... It is going to be a busy weekend but I am excited about it.

3 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Congrats on still getting that loss! Salt is such a little frigger.

I had to google the spoons, I don't know the band but I know Colin Crips work with other artists, he plays wit Blue Rodeo a lot. Have a great time!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend, enjoy!

Sephgirl said...

Sharon - great loss - especially with the sodium! What a busy weekend! Enjoy yourself.

Roxanne said...

Good for you for tracking the pretzels. I've been know to say F-it and just start fresh the next day, so that's an accomplishment to own up to it and actually write down 22 points!! :)