Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update

After struggling through the weekend, I finally went to the Doctor on Monday. Things went from bad to worse on the weekend when I felt a huge lump right in the middle of my back. Of course it was dead centre of my back where I cannot touch it from any angle, I only knew it was there because it felt like I was lying on a golf ball when I lay down.

So Monday at the gym my trainer stretched me..... I think he got more of a workout than I did, the poor guy! I felt so much better afterwards though and I know that was the best possbile thing for making sure my back heals properly.

After work I headed to the Dr. I was prescribed a anti inflammatory for my back, which has already kicked in and provided some relief. She also prescribed an anti- biotic for this darn upper back. Turns out I have a cyst there that was probably previoulsy formed by my bra rubbing against my back, and has just become infected. So she tried to squeeze the infection out and used a syringe, oh my did THAT ever hurt, but apparently the cyst was too hard so I have to go back in a few days to have it cut open and drained and then stitched up!...... Ugggggg,sorry if that is TMI, I am just freaking out a little bit....

On top of this on the weekend my sister had her surgery, all went well and she is home again - my niece, her daughter, required me to pick her up from work and take her to Emergency on Sunday night due burning her hands at work. Thank goodness, she too is fine. This will go down as the most stressful 5 days I have had in a while, but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, so it's all good!

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

Oh my! I am glad to hear you are on the mend after alllll of that.

Take care and make BJ stretch you out some more! lol, payback for all those brutal workouts