Sunday, May 16, 2010

New week, new computer, new outlook

Wow, it has been a bit of a crazy week and I have not been around very much. I have been Detoxing all week, drinking a green drink all day and having a small bowl of pasta at night, this morning I am down 9.5lbs on the scale. The kicker is I am feeling more energetic than ever. Obviously, this is not something I would ever recommend to anyone to do, but it is working for me and since it is part of my journey I am blogging about it. My weight went up during the weeks that I was sick, partly because of not thinking about what I was eating and partly (perhaps)because of the medication I was taking - anyway my weight last Monday was 249lbs. I will do an official weigh in tomorrow, but this morning I was just into the 230's and I have been trying to get here for about a year so I was a happy girl this morning.

I finally went out and replaced my dinosaur of a computer yesterday. It has been dying a slow death all week so I finally retired it and got myself a laptop. I bought my old computer in 95, so yeah I got my monies worth with that computer. Still trying to figure out this new one though - it took hours to figure out how to move the cursor without a mouse*blush*

Only a few weeks until my try a tri at milton and I am getting nervous. I mt up with one of my trainers other clients at the gym yesterday and we did a run through of the tri - here are the distances and my times:

RUN: 1.5 miles - time 26 minutes
Bike: 10k -15 minutes
Swim: 375m - 11 minutes
total time = 52 minutes

Not the greatest, but not bad for my first run through. I really neeed to work on my running. Haven't run much since I hurt my knee, but I will get back at it this week. Same with the swimming.

Today is boot camp - Week 2 and it is a beautiful day outside. I am totally looking forward to it.

No comments: