Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bootcamp day 1

My trainer is doing a weekend boot camp in the park across from where I live and he invited me along for some extra workout time. I said I would go but as always when it came down to it, I made up a million excuses why I couldn't or shouldn't go.... it was starting at 2:00 and at 1:55 my trainer sent me a text asking if I was coming. At this point I was in my pj's and had absolutely no plan on going but all of a sudden I thought about the fact that he invited me along with his friends and family to do this - really it is such a great opportunity, so I replied with a text saying I'm on my way.

First of all it is really cold today, like 9 degrees C and fairly windy, which made it rather difficult with my cold.

We did 3 laps around the track to start(I did 2 because I didn't want to hold up the class while they waited for me to finish) and then we did lots of warm up drills, followed by running/cardio drills , jumping over and running around pilons, and then some leg exercise and arm exercise, and core exercise and then finished off with some stretching.

I felt great afterwards and was so glad that I went. On another note, I am beginning a 2 week detox tomorrow, so I picked up my greens powder and my wheat grass powder, and will do my best to survive on this for a couple of weeks. I am hoping this is going to get me back on track and provide me with a blank canvas so to speak to begin new eating habits. I am also going to up the exercise this week, even if the exercise is just walking on the treadmill for an hour, I just want to work on burning extra calories.

I am going to post a lot this week I think, because I expect it to be extremely difficult and I want to write out how I am feeling.

Let the games begin - toxins be gone!

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

Do post more about this detox!

lol, I wish I had someone to get my lazy @rse out of my pjs on the weekend.