Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weigh in number 1

Woot Woot. My first weigh in tonight and I am down a staggering 8lbs. Yeah me. I totally needed to see a good number on that scale, it was sooooo motivating for me.

then I went to my first yoga class and guess what I discovered....... Yoga just isn't in the cards for me! lol When I joined I envisioned stretching - like standing and stretching, doing poses and stuff. I told Merlyn that as long as we didn't have to sit on the floor I was good! The whole fricken class was sitting down on the floor!!!!! My back was killing me and my arms were killing me from trying to hold myself upright, and I didn't even do any of the poses, I just couldn't. Halfway through the class I put my shoes on and came home :( No worries, at least I tried it, and I am proud of myself for that. On to the next form of exercise.

So tomorrow I work a half day and then I'm off to Frankenmuth, Michigan to do a little shopping. Should be a fun weekened , I just have to stay away from the good German food! One of the lawyers at work keeps telling me about all the wonderful food, beer battered onion rings, roast beef dinner, all you can eat chicken and mashed potato dinners...... I didn't have the heart to tell him I just joined weight watchers and probably wouldn't be partaking in too much of this stuff. Please God, give me the strength to get through mealtimes over the next few days. On a good note I will be walking constantly, so that has to count for something, doesn't it.

No comments: