Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Beginnins Part II

Well the last time I posted was June 1 and the title was New beginning. As is the norm for me, I never really started anything.

So since June, I have been meaning to do two things: re-start w.w. meetings, and quit smoking. As of yesterday while I hadn't done anything about either, I did look into quit smoking aids.

I have been feeling down and out for the last few days, My weight is at the highest ever and I am smoking like a chimney, and I am off work with a slipped disc in my back that is soooooo painful. But yesterday it seems that the planets aligned or something cause here is the deal:

1. On the w.w. ca board I noticed a message asking if anyone attends w.w. meeting in my hometown. wtf, the posters on this board are from all over Canada and there are actually 2 people joining w.w. tonight here where I live, so I asked if I could join them tonight and voila, I am re-joining w.w.

2. I had been looking into hypnotherapy as a cessation method to quit smoking and last night I received an email from the hypnotherapist in my town advising the rates etc for hypnotherapy to quit smoking. There are two packages one costs $200.00 and is a two day plan and the other costs $500.00 and is a longer program that also deals with other issues like weight gain from stopping smoking.

Yeah, I feel like this may very well be the new beginnings of a brand spankin' new me. See this is what I was thinking of when I chopped my hair off a few weeks ago. Ya gotta love the thrill of new beginnings.

No comments: