Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Ass 1 ... Burgers and doughnuts 0

The battle of me vs junk has been intense for many years, with more often than not, junk winning. Today two huge gingerbread houses were delivered to work, and were sitting on the counter top on the other side of my workstation (where I could smell all of that gingery yumminess.) Then someone had the audacity to place a huge box of Timbits ( mini doughnuts for those who have never been graced with Tim Hortons sinfulness) on the same counter. I managed to survive without touching any of that (even when left alone in the office for over an hour knowing that they were sitting on the counter.

I almost caved on my drive home though, when the most delightful smell of home cooked burger wafted into my car. There is a stretch of truck stops along this particular road and I KNOW they make the tastiest, most lovely home made burgers and oh the onion rings are to die for. My car inexplicably started to change lanes slowly getting nearer to the entrance to the restaurant from where the amazing smells originated. Somehow I managed to ask myself (this was said out loud) that a burger and rings was not going to get me to my goal now was it. What did I REALLY want - a burger and fries right now.... or to compete in a sprint triathlon next summer. I was no longer under the spell of the burger and rings...

MY ASS 1 Burgers and doughnuts 0
(the never ending battle rages on)

5 comments:

Anne H said...

Boo-yah!
Good call on driving by the drive through!
I went to Canada once, but didn't get a Timbits....
Just a Timmy!
I think I said that right, eh?

Unknown said...

LOL Anne. You must have had a Timmies coffee (Large double double)eh! I am trying very hard to follow in your carb free footsteps!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for yo'ass :)

Have you ever seen the Ron James on Tim's vs Star Bucks, your post reminded me of this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ekq9wc


"..that Tim's maven ...that bovine Betty with the unpretenious country wide ass ..."

:-D

Anonymous said...

omg, I had to come back ...I hope you know I wasn't implying YOU are a bovine betty with a cwa!

I'm quite sure with all the exercise you do nothing is further from the truth!

It's just that tims+ass in the same post made me think of that!

Unknown said...

haha no worries Blue, I took no offence to you telling me I have a CWA!!!!! The video is hilarious by the way.