Friday, December 17, 2010

Fantastic workout

Just wanted to document my workout today. I have been wearing my bodybugg to calculate my calories burned. Today I went in early and did about 15 mins run/jog intervals and another 5 uphill walking, then 30 minutes on the bike, Then I had my training session so did another 10 minutes of walking to warm up again. In this timeframe I burned about 300 calories. Then I started my boxing session, which I must say is getting more demanding each week (in a good way) A lot of hard punching combos and foot work (high cardio) in between. After that I did some Polish boxing (running on the spot and punching upward- kills the shoulders) and finished off with a few sets of crunches (my trainer punches me hard in the abs to make sure I am crunching properly, if I don't it hurts). Today when I was done, I was exhausted.... every ounce of energy was left in that workout. I am proud that I didn't give up. I didn't give in to the burn..... My calories burned for the 1 hr boxing - 900. So for the two hours I burned 1200 calories, which is just under the calorie allotment of food that I have per day.

I am feeling pretty good about this :)

6 comments:

Sephgirl said...

Wow you're like Rocky! Way to go! I'm a baby though so those hard punches in the stomach would make me cry or really mad because I want to cry.

I think you are such an athlete and its a joy to read these posts! Very inspiring! :)

Anonymous said...

You are fandididdlydastic yourself!

Wow, what a workout. And inspiring, I'll be thinking about this when I'm trying to push myself to 40 minutes of cardio this morning :)

Sephgirl said...

Hey Sharon, you mentioned on my blog that you are missing BL. In case you don't know, the new season starts January 4th and apparently is supposed to be a good one. But I'm sure they aren't going to say its complete crap, are they? LOL! I'm looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Seph, I can't wait for the new BL season. I hear there is two new trainers, and both seem to be heavy into kickboxing..... It will be an inspirational way to start the New Year!

Anne H said...

Always stay under the calories if you can.... cus there will be days you just can't!
You are rocking this boxing thing!
Wow! I am truly impressed.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ann. Gotta get back on the low-carb train in January. Getting lots of good tips from your blog.