Saturday, July 10, 2010

A week off

Last week my trainer took a week off to go on vacation. I took that as an opportunity to sit on my arse and veg for the whole week. Actually, I worked out both Saturday and Sunday last week, and came to the realization on Sunday night that I am tired, like seriously tired, worn out, fed up. I slept in on Monday morning and tueday morning and skipped my morning workout. I noticed that my knees were feeling a little bit better. I then made the decision to take the e ntire week off, get lots of sleep, catch up on the overflowing workload at my job and heal my body. It made me realize how much pain I was in- from my feet to my knees and all the way up to my shoulders, I have been in constant pain. It's all gone now, well except my knees which are still a bit sore, but the pain is manageable.

I also realized that I miss working out. Seriously I MISS IT! I never in a million years thought I would ever say that. I am looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow for a good run bike and swim, before getting back to training on Monday.

The other thing that I noticed is that my stress level went through the roof this week! I was irritable, miserable, tired, and just a plain old bitch all week long. I am 99% sure this is a direct result of not working out.

All in all, yes I was a lazy girl this week, but at least I learned some new things about myself, so I guess there was a small victory!

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Get thee to a gym!

You know you will feel so much better, plus you will be able to tell the PT you went more than once while he was away :)

Unknown said...

ahhhhh good advice Blu, just too late. PT came back yesterday and I spilled the beans.... BUT had a great workout yesterday and am feeling really good now. Thanks