Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My new love

Since I began this journey to get fit, I have tried out a few new ways to get fit. Running, triathlon, mountain biking, boxing, Muay Thai, and now I think I have found my "thing". Cycling- I just absolutely love the feeling of being out on my bike with the wind in my face and the sun shining down.

I actually was watching bits of the Tour de France this weekend- I am a big Lance Armstrong fan and wear my Livestrong bracelet proudly... It acts as my anchor to how I want to live my live.... to help push me towards that person that I have been trying to find for so many years. That 10 year old athlete who's view of the world and more importantly, who's view of herself was shattered by a few mean spirited and poorly timed comments and actions. So anyway, when I first started biking I was reluctant to put on the helmet and get into the cycling fashion. Then I went to the states and bought my first pair of Oakley sunglasses to go with my awesome helmet... I feel like I look like an athlete out there and it really boosts my confidence.

So on the weekend I went to the next step and purchsed a cycling jersey- lol. I have always wanted one and finally ordered one on line. Here is a picture:



I am expecting to receive it in the next few days, and although I am not expecting it to fit me. I will hang it proudly and vow to get into it by the end of the summer.

Livestrong, what a powerful thought. Thanks Lance!

No comments: