Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shakey Wednesday - Earthquake edition

sitting at work this afternoon, minding my own business when all of a sudden my computer screen started to shake as well as the floor under me. I instictively knew what is was as I have felt an earthquake years ago, but for a quick second I thought I was going to faint, as I had that lightheaded feeling from the motion. Wow, can I just say, I am not very good in a crisis. My only thought was get outside. I grabbed my car keys and got up, but by then the tremor subsided. Seriously, my heart was pounding and my hands were trembling for a long time afterwards. I can just say thank goodness there was only slight damage in Ottawa and Quebec.

I think we here in Southern Ontario are slightly jittery because of the G20 this weekend. In fact today there were helicopters circling all day(the airport is very close to my building). Also, I work for a Bank, which is a target of the protesters and because of the closures in downtown toronto, there are a lot of Bank executives working in my building this week, which also makes me a bit nervous......

ok, on to my workout - It's Wednesday which means it is cardio day.... here is a rundown of my workout.
- warm up - run 0.5miles on the treadmill from 3.5mph to 6mph time 6 minutes
- running lines not sure of the distance but each one takes about 2 mins\
- running course where I run 20ft bounce a medicine ball 5 times, run back. Doing this 3 times is one rep. I did 3 reps.

- next one was to walk the 20ft but swinging a 15lb kettlebell,bouce the ball 5 times, run back and then run back to the ball, bouce 5 times, pick up the bell and go back to the start. doing this 3 times = 1 rep, I did 3 reps.

- next one was to pick up the bell and lift it to the side 3x with each arm. then run 20 ft, bounce the ball 5 times and run back, do this 3 x =1 rep. I did 3 reps

- next was sit ups - 20 crunches, 20 knees up, 20 full body and 20 bicycles.

phew, I am tired now just thinking about it..... Friday is BOXING!

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

lol, and I'm tired just reading it!


Stay safe with all the craziness ...this would have been a good week to come visit my neck of the woods :)