Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to the Gym

So toady I had my first session at the gym with my personal trainer. We talked a lot about goals etc and I told him my short term goal is to run a 5k in October. I plan on running this to honour my Mom who died of breast cancer 10 years ago (Jan 2000). My long term goal is to do a triathlon in two years. He thought that was awesome :D

He has a martial arts background and has worked with elite track and field athletes at York University and he is really super nice. I felt totally comfortable with him So the bad news is that I found out that my body is made up of 51% FAT. I really wasn't too fazed by this comment however, I knew that it was going to be bad and that these numbers are just a gage so that later on I will be able to see how far I have come.

He calculated that it will take 2 years to lose 100 lbs and get to the fitness level that I want, 3x a week of personal training, for 20 mos at a total cost of ............
$14,000.00 (YES that is 14 THOUSAND dollars) I was so shocked I didn't know what to say, so I said, "ummmmm do I have to pay that all up front" lmao. Yeah, so I will take it all one day at a time and see where it leads me.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

*LOL* do we do staff loans for personal training??? Could you imagine??