Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy


Well yesterday I celebrated Thanksgiving at our family's annual Thanksgiving at my cousin's home. I've been doing weight watchers for about a month now and truthfully have been struggling for the last two weeks. I have basically stopped tracking, which I know is key for my weight loss success. I could use the excuse that I have been dealing with a painful back for the last month and have made that my priority, however, regardless of my back issues I have been slacking in the weight watchers department and have even stayed away from meetings for the last two weeks. Anyway, I was getting ready to go to my cousin's and I thought I would add a challenge to my day and really use the day as a celebration rather than an excuse to eat my face off. So, I went and had a wonderful time connecting with aunts, uncles and cousins, laughed my arse off and had a small plate of food. Even with all of the amazing desserts out on the table, I stuck to one small piece of cheesecake and some fruit. Today I feel good that probably for the first time ever, I thought of the holiday as a time to really give thanks for all of the wonderful people in my life and not think of it as an excuse to eat everything in my sight.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: