Sunday, December 29, 2013

Putting the Holidays behind me and looking tothe New Year

This Christmas may go down as the worst Christmas ever.  I have been sick since Christmas day.  Still fighting this sinus cold and flu, but at least I'm feeling marginally better today.  My plan for today is to take down my Christmas and prep my fridge for my juice cleanse.  I want to remove everything that is not juicible, except for the condiments on the inside of the door. 

I also signed up for  5 k race in June - something to motivate me to lose this weight. I did a 5k a few years ago, but walked most of the course. My time was 55 minutes.  I am proud of that race, since it was only a year into my journey, but now I expect so much more out of myself. 

Some things I am thinking about doing this year:
-5 k Biggest Loser race
-tough mudder
- Sprint triathlon
- powerlifting competition..... 

Yup, a powerlifting competition..... my chiropractor competes, my personal trainer is thinking about competing this year, and if there is a possibility of my lifting in a fashion that does not injure my lower back, then I want to compete as well..... I'm keeping this on the backburner for now.  And of course I will continue with my boxing, although I have come to realize I really that I don't think competing in boxing is what I want to do.

Anyway, lot's of hopes ad dreams for 2014, I have set out my plan, I know what I need to do in order to accomplish my goals, I just really need to dig in my heels (like I do when I clean and press) and EXECUTE!

In the next few days I will post some before my juice pictures, and do my official start weigh in.  The hope is that in the month of January I should lose anywhere from 15 to 30 pounds, depending on how strict I am able to be with juice only.  The only thing I am worried about is that I work out hard 3 times a week so I *might* need to add some protein on these days.  We'll see.  

No comments: