Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Exhausted

I remember my life not too long ago when I was tired all the time from just sitting around doing nothing, fast forward to the last few weeks and I haven't had a moment to myself. Last Friday boxing, saturday mountain biking, sunday- boxing, Monday: weight training, tuesday - mountain biking, today - running.

Tomorrow is my rest day, so I won't be going to the gym or working out at all. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on some sleep.

Today I worked out with my trainer in the empty covered parking lot at the mall where my gym is located - It was really hot!!! I ran the perimeter of the parking lot 5 times (2.5k) then did a bunch of running drills (around cones, backwards etc) and then he set out a 40 meter distance and I had to do sprints (think 100 meter dash). I was surprised at how I was able to accelerate. My first attempt was 6 seconds (my trainer was hoping I would be under 15) My average time for the 10 sprints was about 10 seconds. Not to shabby for a 240lb 45 yr old ;) I still keep saying to myself, imagine what I could do if I were 50lbs lighter...... One of these days I am gonna get it all together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! I'm tired from just reading that list :)

Having to breathe in that heat alone would exhaust me!