Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boxing update and truly scared about Friday's workout

Yesterday I had boxing training... I really need to get some video footage of my workouts because it is hard to describe in writing. Today I did lots of combos jab, cross hook, then my trainer would take a swipe at me (I had to make sure my hands were up to block or risk getting clocked in the face) And I did lots of footwork today. If you've ever watched boxing there feet are always moving. I started doing that yesterday and it made me feel like fricken Mohammad Ali - lol.... So much so that I totally forgot what hand combo I was supposed to be doing and just started throwing random punches at my trainer..... hahaha I had to stop and apologize and tell he I got a bit carried away with all the footwork.

Now tomorrow begins my first HIGH cardio session. I truly am worried because my regular cardio session that I do on Mondays are killers. I am not sure what I could possibly do to make my cardio session HIGH- I have a feeling there are going to be some yelling, and possibly some tears tomorrow, but I have to admit, I am also a little bit excited because I know I will get through it and be stronger and faster and a few steps closer to my goal once it is done. The best part will be knowing that I looked at the fear that I am feeling straight in the eye and had enough faith in myself to know I can do it. This is probably the biggest change I have made so far.

Speaking of change, I am off to cut my hair tonight - finally. Still undecided on whether to cut it all off short(shoulder length) or to leave it long.... hhhhhhmmmmm I'll see what my stylist thinks.

5 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Dear lord woman, you mean your workouts haven't been high intensity?
I would like to see video of this one!


And will the screaming and tears be coming from you or the trainer?
:P

Unknown said...

"And will the screaming and tears be coming from you or the trainer?
:P"

Blue, that made me laugh my head off!

cdblueberry said...

:)


And just a thought about the hair.

For me, I have to keep it long enough for a ponytail when I'm at the gym.

Unknown said...

ohhhh yeah, the hair. Still kept it long, he just put in lots of texture, choppy, edgy layers.....It looks a bit rocker chick- I love it!

Roxanne said...

I am so excited for you!!!
I started cardio boxing this week and I LOVE IT!! I can see why it's so appealing for you!