Sunday, July 8, 2012

The dreaded day had arrived

Tomorrow is my last day of personal training. I have been working with my trainer B.J for 3 years now it all comes to an end tomorrow.

I have been really struggling all weekend. He has become like a little brother to me, and cannot imagine not having him there beside me pushing me, calming me down, and instilling confidence in me.

I will have to take a look back at the changes I have made over the three years. I think part of me feels like I have failed both myself and him because I am still overweight, but I know that I am truly a different person today that I was 3 years ago - in so many ways.

I have asked to do a boxing workout tomorrow because that truly has become my love, and I plan on joining another boxing/martial arts club in a month or so to continue boxing.


UPDATE: Just as I was sending this my trainer texted me and I have decided to bite the bullet and go ahead with two more months of training. I will have to really cut back on other areas of my life to afford to do this, but I know it's not my time to stop yet. I am going to continue to do ther group fitness classes and really up the calorie burn. My food intake needs to be kicked into high gear as well. First stop- my morning coffee - I've slipped back into putting cream and sugar in it.... I just dumped the remainder of the cream down the sink..... I'm done with that shit....... I have two final months and I have to make them count...... I think my motto is going to be try try try again.....

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

You are NOT a failure.

You are a boxer. You are a runner. You are a cycylist (sp?). You are an active person.

Do you have any idea how inspiring you are? How reading your posts about exercise and fitness gives me the courage to move my butt? I am sure it isn't me.

I am happy that you get two more months with him! Do or do not do, there is no try :P

Unknown said...

Thanks Blue.... I know I haven't failed, I guess I just spend to too much time concentrating on the negative instead of the positive sometimes :)